The Lwengo CAO, Winston Agule Mulimira, says they have since cut their workforce from 30 to 10 per cent. He says they will reopen the offices on December 28, 2020, under strict observance of the Standard Operating Procedures-SOPs issued by Ministry of Health.
According to the guidelines, those carrying the coffin of COVID-19 victims will only be required to wear face masks and gloves. Overalls and other personal protective equipment will no longer be required.
Dr. Willis Syongola the Busia district health officer says 46 from a sample of 159 tested last were found positive for Covid-19 last week respectively. Scared residents want the mine shut down for a while, but deputy RDC says the District Task Force has no power to close it
According to Tegla, she took a full month to recover after the cutting and was married off. However, her husband chased her away because she couldn’t conceive as a result of the cutting yet the man and his relatives wanted children.