Moses Chilla, a first-year student of Bachelor of Social Sciences at Makerere University told URN that he was forced out of his room on the ground floor, by thick smoke and noise from the neighbours who were asking students to vacate the hostel. Chilla added that fire could not be contained by the use of fire extinguishers.
Itabuka, who lives a humble life in Itonko village in Namutumba town council in Namutumba district, told URN in an exclusive interview that leadership is the willingness to serve and not a profession, which requires experience.
Jackeline Namugga is one of the parents who dashed to the school. Namugga, who was in her sleeping dress, says she lost her mind when she learnt about the fire outbreak and all she wanted was to physically confirm that her child was safe and sound.