According to Dr. Musinguzi, such people are frustrating the fight against COVID-19 warning that they may become a burden to the sector in future when they get severe disease after failing to get vaccinated.
According to Tumusiime, more than 3,500 people have taken the COVID-19 jab within the last week. He says that those vaccinated include teachers, Journalists, medical workers from various health facilities, the elderly and other front line workers.
Up 10 124 people were quarantined at Kasonga Youth Development Centre in Kikuube district after the death of the Congolese refugee and, According to Kikuube Resident District Commissioner Richard Tabaro, the confirmed cases are also contacts of the same DRC national.
Aceng who was assessing the COVID-19 situation in Masindi on Wednesday following a confirmed case says any health worker who will go on strike over lack of protective gear to treat COVID-19 patients must be dealt with accordingly saying this is a battle for survival not losing life.
On Tuesday morning, the Buliisa District Health Officer, Dr. Nelson Naisye, said the health workers have resumed work after receiving their payment from the Health Ministry. He says the health workers are screening people at Wanseko, Walukuba and Somsio.
At the time of the move, the health workers, who include members of Village Health teams-VHTs and Health workers attached to various health facilities in the district, were reportedly demanding more than 12 million Shillings in allowances.
According to the Health ministry structure, the facility is expected to have four enrolled nurses but none is available. Only one of the four required midwives is available at the facility. The position of clinical officer is also vacant.