The Government of Rwanda says the 682 rebels of the M23 who were loyal to former leader Bishop Jean Marie Runiga must denounce military activities in writing before applying for asylum. The rebels crossed into Rwanda more than a week ago around the same time that war-lord Bosco Ntaganda, an ally of Runiga, surrendered to the US embassy in Kigali. He has since been taken to the International Criminal Court in The Hague, where he faces charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
Congolese warlord Bosco Ntaganda has said he is not guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity at his first appearance before the International Criminal Court (ICC). Ntaganda, who surrendered to the US embassy in Rwanda last week after days of clashes between rival M23 rebel forces, faces charges of murder, rape, pillaging and using child soldiers.
ICC says Ntaganda will appear before the pre-trial Chamber II to verify his identity and identify the language in which he is able to follow the proceedings. The 40 year old former army officer-turned rebel faces charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity in relation to his role in the conflicts in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
Congolese war lord Bosco Ntaganda who this week surrendered to the US embassy in Kigali has been transferred to the International Criminal Court (ICC) at The Hague. He faces charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity in relation to his role in the conflicts that have rocked eastern DRC over the last 10 years.
Bosco Ntaganda turned himself in at the American embassy in Kigali on Monday and immediately requested to be transferred to the International Criminal Court (ICC) and was by Tuesday evening still in Kigali.
The base of the M23 rebels in the Democratic Republic of Congo has been attacked by rival forces loyal war lord Bosco Ntaganda. This is the second time in less than a week that the rival M23 forces are clashing. On Sunday, forces loyal to Runiga and Ntaganda attacked Makengaâ€™s fighters near Rutshuru, killing a senior commander Major Anicet Musana and at least six other soldiers.
The ministry of agriculture website has been pulled down after hackers infiltrated it and posted messages calling for presidents Yoweri Museveni of Uganda and Paul Kagame of Rwanda to stop supporting war in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
More than 600 Congolese government soldiers have fled into Uganda through Bunagana border post after serious fighting with the rebels. Congolese government forces have for the last three months been battling rebels loyal to renegade soldiers, Colonels Bosco Ntaganda and Makenga.
The Uganda Red Cross Society office Kisoro district is stuck with thousands of refugees fleeing the fighting between the Congolese government forces and the rebels loyal to renegade general, Bosco Ntaganda.