It is alleged that between October 2005 and 2016, the trio entered an employment contract with a non-existent Russian pilot, Valerie Ketrisk on behalf of the Defense Ministry. During the same period, they fraudulently received money up to USD 618,000 ( 2 .7 billion Shillings ) that was purportedly meant for the non-existent Russian pilot. The money was channelled through Barclays Bank.
The borders were officially closed as part of a presidential directive to forestall the spread of COVID-19, a new strain of coronaviruses that has spread across the world. So far the disease has attacked more than two million people and claimed 135,662 lives. Uganda has recorded 55 infections over the last one month.
In his application, Akena says that he was beaten by soldiers on August 20th, 2018 while on duty as a photojournalist. Akena alleges that around 11am exactly one year ago, he was attracted by people going about their business around Kiseka Market at the intersections of Kyagwe Road/Nakivubi Road in Kampala as they were hiding and running for safety.
Samuel Kisembo, the Hoima Resident District Commissioner-RDC who is also care taking Kikuube told Uganda Radio Network on Thursday morning that they decided to step up deployment to counter any attacks by suspected Congolese militiamen following the arrest and detention of their colleagues.
Dovicko Okumu, the Rwesambya Village LC I Chairperson, says the evicted families are now staying under trees with nowhere to turn for help. He says the army has maintained presence on the disputed land to block residents for harvesting their crops.
The 3rd Division Army Court Martial presided over by Lt. Col. Jackson Katongole passed the sentence after Okello pleaded guilty to the murder of four family members, all residents of Okut village, Alebtong district on December 12, 2018.
The soldier identified as Isaac Newton Okello, attached to the 3rd Division in Moroto district is charged for the murder of four family members, all residents of Okut village, Alebtong district on December 12, 2018.
Robert Olinga Otolo, the Akokoro sub county LC III chairperson, blames residents for ignoring several warnings to vacate the disputed land. He says at least 400 people have been evicted amidst protests.
The fishermen who spoke to Uganda Radio Network explain that they have continued to face attacks by Congolese Militia without any intervention by the Ugandan security forces despite their presence on the lake. The concern comes barely a day after another attack in which Congolese militia killed seven Ugandan fishermen.