Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /usr/www/users/urnnet/a/story.php on line 43
Six-Year-Old Child Dies After Eating Food Laced With Poison :: Uganda Radionetwork
Breaking

Six-Year-Old Child Dies After Eating Food Laced With Poison

Nabwire and her five other family members, all residents of Bukamba village, in Idudi town council ate supper together on Monday but failed to move out of their house in the morning raising suspicion from the neighbors. 
A six-year-old, child Sharon Nabwire, on Tuesday died over after eating meat suspected to be laced with poison.

Nabwire and her five other family members, all residents of Bukamba village, in Idudi town council ate supper together on Monday but failed to move out of their house in the morning raising suspicion from the neighbors.

When the neighbors forcefully opened the door, they found them lying unconscious on the ground.  They were immediately rushed and hospitalized at the health facility in critical condition.

However, Nabwire died while the five other family members were referred to Busesa Health Centre IV for further management.

Mark Kakaire, one of the victims, says that they bought meat from Bukamba Trading Center, which was later prepared and served with posho.

Kakaire suspects that their food was laced with poison. He wants the police to extensively investigate the incident.

The Busoga East Police Spokesperson, Diana Nandawula says that they were waiting for the postmortem report from Iganga General Hospital.

Nandawula also says that scene of crime officers have extracted food samples which will be thoroughly examined at the government's analytical laboratory.

She adds that detectives have interrogated Nabwire's immediate neighbors, as part of the investigations.

Support us


Entities

Keywords