All the eight cases are Uganda nationals who travelled to Uganda from Dubai. It remains unclear whether the confirmed cases came into contact with the first patient.
The Ministry of Health has confirmed eight more cases of COVID-19. This brings the number of confirmed cases to nine in the country.
All the eight cases are Ugandan nationals who travelled to Uganda from Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates. They are believed to have entered Uganda on March 20 and 22, 2020.
Health Minister Dr Jane Ruth Aceng says that the number of confirmed cases show that United Arab Emirates might have been under-reporting cases.
"Dubai was not among our high risk countries. We are now doubting that the information we got before was not right because all the cases we have travelled to Dubai," Dr Aceng said.
According to Dr Aceng, six of the cases were picked from the airport while two were found in their homes where they are reported to have been self quarantining.
Uganda announced its first case on Saturday March 21,2020 a 36 year old male who had traveled to Dubai on March 17,2020 for business purposes.
At this moment, the government is still trying to locate 84 people who are believed to have come into contact with the country's first case.
So far, more than 700 cases of the disease have been confirmed in Africa.